GitHub has locked me out due to Microsoft’s forced 2FA policy which I don’t want to comply with. As a result, I can no longer log in to the website to make pull requests, participate in discussions etc. However, at the moment I can still push to repos (wow, so secure huh?), so I can still work on SA Tools, the Mod Loader and other projects. They may pull the plug in the future but at least for now I can contribute to projects that are still on GitHub.
After being locked out I was able to make the following updates:
I added more complete support for reading and writing NJ and GJ files from various games. The update needs some testing so it will be in a separate branch for now.
SA Tools / Texture Editor
1) Unmodified texture data is no longer re-encoded unless the archive format is changed. Adding (instead of importing) textures will now add them as-is if the texture format matches the archive format (e.g. you can add DDS to PAKs or GVRs to GVMs).
2) You can choose between DDS and PNG for textures in PAKs.
3) If you open a single PVR/GVR/XVR texture, it will auto-add all other textures located in the same folder.
4) You can open and edit non-indexed PAKs (SOC folder).
5) You can save individual textures in their original format using the “Save” button.
6) Support for YUV422, Bump, 4-bit Indexed + Mipmaps, Indexed 8-bit + Mipmaps and ARGB8888 indexed PVR pixel formats.
7) Code cleanup, various bugfixes with texture encoding and decoding.
SADX Mod Loader
The game can now load textures in Gamecube GVM files without conversion. This opens up new modding possibilities, particularly for a project I’ve been contemplating to do for a while. I’ll introduce it soon.
Huge thanks to Exant, who decompiled original GVM loading code in SA2 PC, and Kell, who fixed the issues with mipmaps and paletted textures.